Interested Candidates to submit resume to [email protected]
English Teacher – Upper Elementary (Grades 4/5)
The teacher services the school in an instructional capacity and performs the specific duties assigned by the principal of the school.
1. Furthers the mission and teachings of the Catholic Church and the propagation of the Catholic faith.
2. Supervises students, reacts quickly and decisively to emergency situations, and applies appropriate classroom management techniques to maintain and insure a safe and healthy student learning environment.
3. Provides grade appropriate instructional programs including:
a. Lesson planning
b. Classroom preparation
c. Assessment of each student’s performance
4. Provides grade-appropriate extended or enrichment opportunities
5. Must have regular attendance, participates in faculty meetings, school committees, and in-services
6. Attends other school functions and activities as is necessary
· Bachelor’s degree in Education/English or a related field
· Outstanding instructional and management skills
· Passion for reading and language arts, and mastery of this subject area
· Ability to motivate diverse students and cultivate a strong culture of achievement
· Strong technology skills and familiarity with GAFE
· Genuine interest in family engagement, and ability to communicate effectively with parents
· Demonstrates commitment to school transformation
Employment Type: Full Time