Our teachers in elementary and middle school play an important role in providing an education for our students that is rooted in the values of Catholic faith. They strive to create an environment in which students learn not only facts and figures, but also learn the value of respect, truth, solidarity and stewardship. Our Mary Star of the Sea School teachers are a good example of how a moral and responsible person lives within a Catholic community. Additionally, they often teach students about the importance of service and giving back to the community. Interested candidates need to submit a resume to [email protected]
Kindergarten Teacher – Full Time (2023-2024)
We are looking for an enthusiastic, creative, patient and experienced Kindergarten teacher. Experience with curriculum planning is preferred.
Candidates must exhibit strong communication skills and knowledge of latest trends and best practices of classroom management and curriculum design. See more details about resposibilities and expectations.
Please send your resume by email to our school principal Mrs. Margaret Rufo
2nd Grade Teacher – Full Time (2023 -2024)
The teacher services the school in an instructional capacity and performs the specific duties assigned by the principal of the school.
- Furthers the mission and teachings of the Catholic Church and the propagation of the Catholic faith.
- Supervises students, reacts quickly and decisively to emergency situations and applies appropriate classroom management techniques to maintain and insure a safe and healthy student learning environment.
- Provides grade appropriate instructional program including:
- Lesson planning
- Classroom preparation
- Assessment of each student’s performance
- Provides grade appropriate extended or enrichment opportunities
- Must have regular attendance, participates in faculty meetings, school committees, and in-services
- Attends other school functions and activities as is necessary
- If Catholic, must have receive full sacramental initiation into the Church.
- Must have a basic understanding and acceptance of Catholic School philosophy, goals and objectives
- Must have necessary background and training in elementary/secondary education methods and subject areas.
- Must have understanding of child development and skills necessary to relate to the students being taught.
- Must have appropriate control and discipline techniques, which will enhance the learning environment.
- Must work cooperatively with the parish staff.
- Must have the following education training and experience:
- a. BA or BS in elementary education
- b. Successful experience in student/classroom teaching
- c. Appropriate certifications
- d. Positive references and recommendations
- e. Criminal background check
Substitute Teacher – Part Time (Ongoing)
The substitute teacher works under the direction of the school principal for a specified period of time providing consistency of instruction of course curriculum, insuring appropriate classroom management and student safety while delivering high quality instruction and commitment to furthering the teachings of the Catholic School.
1. Succesful experience in student teaching or classroom teaching.
2. Positive references and recommendations.
3. Must undergo criminal background check and fingerprinting.