Several scholarship opportunities are available for our current students AND potential students. For a summary of scholarships, click HERE
- Oahu Federal Credit Union Tuition Program
- Kipona Scholarship
- Prudential Emerging Visionaries
- Augustine Education Foundation Tuition Scholarship
- Kalani Zalopany Memorial Scholarship
- Mary, Star of the Sea Scholarship
- Reid J.K. Richards & Beatrice Young Foundation Kamakaho’ohie Scholarship
The Kipona Scholarship is a competitive need-based scholarship. The following students are eligible to apply:
- SY 2023-2024 new applicant grade entry levels are K, 6, and 9. (Current Application deadline for 2023-2024 is December 1st, 2023)
- Island of residency do not matter; as long as applicants are State of Hawaiʻi residents.
- Applicants must be enrolled in or plan to enroll in a Kipona participating private school.
The Prudential Emerging Visionaries
This program is designed to recognize top middle level youth volunteers across the State and Nation.
Augustine Educational Foundation (AEF) Tuition Scholarship Program
Application window: January 10 – March 1, 2024
In the spirit of trying to conserve paper and application printing costs, we are attempting to go a little more paperless with the AEF tuition assistance program.
Below you will find the instructions on how to apply for the AEF Scholarship. Applications will no longer be issued by the school AND submission is done directly online. Please follow the links below for more information and instructions on how to file online.
Kalani Zalopany Memorial Scholarship
“I have grown in spirit, thanks to Catholic Education. Prayer is a super power for good and only good. Catholic School has taught me to love life.” ~Kalani Zalopany
Due date for the 2023-2024 School Year: Please inquire by calling our front office (808) 734-0208
Purpose: The Kalani Zalopany Memorial Service Scholarship was created by anonymous donor(s) to honor the memory of Kalani Zalopany, a Mary, Star of the Sea (MSOS) alumnus. Kalani was an active student at MSOS where he served his school as Sergeant of Arms on the Student Council. Kalani enjoyed serving the entire MSOS student body, most especially the younger students who reveled in his presence.
Mary Star of the Sea School Scholarship
Due date: Please call the office for information about the 2023-2024 School Year
The Mary, Star of the Sea Scholarship is awarded to students who will attend Mary, Star of the Sea School. The Mary, Star of the Sea (MSOS) Scholarship Committee reviews each application individually and uses the Augustine Education Foundation (AEF) Tuition Scholarship Program Application to determine eligibility.
The criteria used in the selection process include:
- Financial need
- MSOS parishioner (not mandatory)
- Multiple siblings at MSOS
- Multiple siblings at another Hawaii Catholic school
- Longevity: Number of years already enrolled at MSOS (ELC included)
- Academic Achievement
- Special circumstances
Reid J.K. Richards & Beatrice Young Foundation Kamakaho’ohie Scholarship
APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2024-2025 SCHOOL YEAR WILL OPEN ON JANUARY 2024
The Reid J.K. Richards Foundation was established in 1999, in memory of Reid James Kamakaho’ohie Richards, who passed away following a courageous battle with lymphoma. At the time of his passing Reid was 33 years young and left behind a wife and two young children. The primary objective of the foundation is to provide the support necessary to aid grieving children and young adults who have lost a parent or primary caretaker through death. The loss of a parent or primary caretaker often results in financial hardship that can limit the potential achievements for many young people.
For more information about this special scholarship, please click on the links below: